Beauty

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Lipstick Exchange at Sephora Jakarta

A few weeks ago I bought this Sephora Outrageous Rouge Extreme Liquid Lipstick (Rp 233.000) because I ran out of my everyday Max Factor Lipfinity Liquid Lipstick (Rp 115.000). I bought the Sephora ORELL on a whim, tested on my hand and paid for it.


When I got home, opened the packaged and tried it on my lips, ohhh it was waaaaay sticky for my liking. I thought it would have the same texture as Max Factor LLL or Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick (Rp 300.000) that dries matte and feels very light on the lips. Apparently NO. Nothing like that. I decided I might as well return it because I know I'm not going to use it.

So the day after I went back to Sephora to return it. After few questions and such, the BA told me that they regretfully cannot accept the return because the plastic sealed packaging has been opened. I wasn't sure about their exchange policy here in Indonesia, because in other Sephora like US and Canada, you can exchange the product even though it has been opened. I thought they have the same exchange policy.

So I went home and tweet @SephoraID and ask them for their CS email. Below was their reply:





I did kinda wonder why they use gmail address instead of those sephora.co.id or whatever webmail that they have but nevertheless I email them asking for refund policy and such, and here was their reply.


So few days after I received the email I went back and showed them the email & the receipt. At first I talked to the kind BA named Steven who said that all is well and I can just choose whichever product to replace it and if the product I chose is more expensive then I'll just pay the remaining. I went ahead and grab another product then back to the cashier to pay for it.

Another shop assistant greeted me (not Steven), he may be a store supervisor for all I know, and he asked for my receipt and email. After saw the receipt he said that the exchange can only be done within 14 days after the purchased. I answered that I know that, but I also waited for the Sephora to reply my email. Then he tried to check the email's legality. He questioned why the email was sent from gmail address while Sephora Indonesia's email address was xxx @ sephora.co.id

I showed him the twitter reply where I got the email. Then he had the audacity to said that the twitter account was not Sephora Indonesia's official twitter account and I might have been communicating with fake account. He even said ".... because there are lots of fake account, even haters... etc etc". I prompt him to check the @SephoraID twitter timeline/feed. If it's a fake account, that twitter won't be able to post from @SephoraIDN instagram account, right? He even insisted that Sephora Indonesia's twitter account is @SephoraIDN. He even said that "I can call the office and make sure....blabla...". I showed him search on twitter for @SephoraIDN which resulted in NO ACCOUNT found.

I asked him to go call the office because I'm pretty sure that it is the official account and it wasn't fake/doppengangger account that emailed me. So he went for 5-10 minutes and came back and told me that he had confirmed to the office that that email is indeed from Sephora and Sephora twitter account is indeed @SephoraID, while the instagram is @SephoraIDN, and I can exchange the product this time.

In the end I was able to exchange the product, so thanks to Sephora Indonesia for that. I just wanna share the story, that's all. Thanks also to the nice BA girls at the cashier :)

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::






0 comments:

Post a Comment